The 12 Best Bitcoin Mobile Apps For 2020
One of the most fascinating effects of Coronavirus is its impact on money and financial markets.
What’s wrong with our financial system? If you’re not asking this question yet, you haven’t been paying much attention.
For the first time, many people will grapple with an unfamiliar choice: stay in a monetary system that’s failing and funding corrupt entities; or opt out of the inferior system, and subscribe to a more radical but sound alternative.
The right alternative is one in which empowers the individual to both think for themselves and defend their ideals.
... that ensures you are always in control of your money. Where no one can take part in distorting the value of money as a means of payment and a store of value.
Bitcoin’s ascendancy over the past decade has been anything but impossible to deny, especially with the chaos happening at everyone’s doorstep. But how can you navigate a promising yet nascent industry rife with scams, fraud and deceptive pyramid schemes?
How do you keep track of the market volatility? And most importantly comes the million-dollar question – who can you trust?
Read this report to learn more about the trade-offs of each application and compare the features listed below for yourself.
This is my list of the 12 best cryptocurrency mobile apps to help you find peace of mind and eventual financial liberation.
Binance is the most sought after cryptocurrency exchange for its trading liquidity. It’s a rich ecosystem packed with tons of trading app features like:
- Future trading with up to 125x leverage
- Crypto Margin trading
- Buying Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies within the app
- Stablecoin purchase with credit cards
While the exchange itself isn’t immune to sophisticated hacks, all funds are protected by an insurance scheme known as SAFU (Secure Asset Fund for Users).
“To protect the future interests of all users, Binance will create a Secure Asset Fund for Users (SAFU). Starting from 2018/07/14, we will allocate 10% of all trading fees received into SAFU to offer protection to our users and their funds in extreme cases. This fund will be stored in a separate cold wallet.”
Check out some of our other Binance Guides:
- How do I Buy Bitcoin (BTC) on Binance w/ My Credit Card?
- How To Deposit & Withdraw Money (GBP/EUR) on Binance?
- How do I Trade Cryptocurrencies on Binance?
- Why Binance is Building its Own Decentralized Exchange (DEX) for the Future
B. Blockstream Green
A Bitcoin wallet developed by Blockstream, a company building financial infrastructure based around Bitcoin only. It is led by Dr. Adam Back a developer who invented Hascash, often cited as one of the first two people to receive email from Satoshi Nakamoto himself.
Blockstream’s Green wallet requires no registration or personal details to get started. Simply create your wallet by writing down your mnemonic seed phrases and begin transacting right away!
Other unique features include:
- Send and receive Liquid Bitcoin (L-BTC) a sidechain to Bitcoin
- Integration with the Ledger Hardware wallet
- Watch-only wallets to keep track of Bitcoin balances
- Connect via Tor, no personal information is required except your email for wallet recovery
A highly popular cryptocurrency portfolio tracker that’s 100% free to use. It’s the easiest way to discover, track and manage your investments at the palm of your hands.
Want to know how much you’ve gained over the last 24 hours?
This app tracks down the prices of over 8,000 coins and displays it in over 100+ local currencies.
Other app features include:
- Your personal chart trend of your portfolio
- Cut the noise and Get important crypto updates using Signal
- Global coverage of 300+ exchanges
- Price alerts
- Pin lock for security
- “Hide Balances” for privacy
D. Cash App
This Changes Everything for Bitcoin. This is how you should design an app.
Cash App is the easiest way to buy, sell, deposit, and withdraw Bitcoin. Track the BTC price in real-time in your app and get started by buying as little as $1 of Bitcoin. Your BTC arrives in your app instantly. You can then decide to keep it safe in Cash App or withdraw it to a different wallet.
This. Changes. Everything.
Just bought #Bitcoin in @CashApp. So easy to instantly buy/Sell. Clean/minimal UI is delightful to use. This is how you onboard the next 100 million users into crypto.
👏 @square pic.twitter.com/91DfBSDc4A
— Dan Hedl (@danheld) November 19, 2017
Cash App is leading the way for Bitcoin mass adoption in America. Unfortunately, it isn’t available elsewhere.
It is a mobile payment giant in the U.S. and is primarily used to send money to friends, family, employees payments, etc. quickly and easily within its borders.
Far from new (it was launched in 2013) Square’s Cash App is an intuitive mobile payment app founded by Twitter CEO, Jack Dorsey.
Jack Dorsey sees Bitcoin as the world’s ‘single currency‘ in the next 10 years. He believes Bitcoin is native to internet ideas of neutrality, open and borderless.
In May of this year, Cash App expanded its capabilities for Bitcoin automatic recurring purchases on its app. It includes daily, weekly or every 2 weeks.
This is a boring but very useful and sensible option for dollar cost-averaging (DCA) into Bitcoin.
It’s the Best Way to #stackingsats
Read more about our review & step-by-step guides:
- No Square Cash fees for personal money transfers (except credit card transactions)
- Multiple methods of sending and receiving funds
- It uses a Cashtag for convenience, hence no need to enter an email address
- Great customer service
- You can’t use it outside the US
- It charges a fee for credit card users
- You can’t mix your accounts with Personal and Business transactions
E. Paxful Bitcoin Wallet
Paxful is the most important Bitcoin company you probably never paid any attention to. It trades over $25 million dollars worth of Bitcoin every week.
It has grown alongside LocalBitcoins as an online peer to peer (P2P) over the counter (OTC) exchange where peers interface with the advertisements of other peers offering to trade Bitcoin using Paypal, gift cards, domestic bank transfers, and others.
Paxful lets you buy and sell bitcoin with your choice of over 300 payment methods. You can:
- Buy or sell bitcoin with Amazon gift cards, iTunes gift cards or Steam gift cards
- Buy or sell bitcoin with debit or credit cards
- Buy or sell bitcoin with cash deposits
- Buy or sell bitcoin with PayPal, Stripe or Skrill (Check Out My Guide on buying with PayPal)
Use the Paxful Bitcoin wallet to:
- Send and receive bitcoin in your own wallet.
- Store your bitcoin and check your balance in real-time.
- Track your open trades of your most recent transactions.
- Share your bitcoin wallet address or QR code with other traders and friends.
Some interesting facts about Paxful:
Gift Card Trading makes up over two thirds of the USD transaction volume.
Paxful does not take custody of your money. They simply act as a supervising authority over peers who use their wallets, accounts or instruments.
Thus, Paxful is able to onboard financially disconnected citizens of developing countries on a level that non-P2P OTC exchanges like Coinbase simply cannot.
It trades in more than 70 currencies around the world and has made traction in geographic locations that larger exchanges have not.
Interested in earning an income with Paxful?:
- Become a Vendor by selling your bitcoin on Paxful using 300+ payment methods.
- Become an Affiliate and earn 50% from your affiliates’ escrow fees and 10% from the people they invite.
- Create your Bitcoin Virtual Kiosk and earn 2% from new customers.
Don’t store your bitcoins on Mobile Wallets!!!
Just Bought bitcoins on an app? Don’t leave them all there! Leaving bitcoins in hot wallets or exchanges are risky:
There are only two types of exchanges, the ones that have been hacked and the ones that WILL BE HACKED.
Make sure you get yourself a Bitcoin wallet like the Ledger or the Trezor that will securely store your bitcoins.
Coinbase is often recommended to newcomers who want to get familiar with cryptocurrencies. Available to users in over 32 countries.
Using Coinbase, customers can buy Bitcoin with a connected bank account, Interac Online, SEPA transfer, credit/debit card, and other numerous payment methods.
- High liquidity
- Easy to use
- Instant buy feature available with the credit card as a backup
- Top crypto assets: BTC, ETH, LTH, BCH
- Insured bitcoin deposits available
- Limited payment methods
- It may track how its users spend Bitcoin
- Poor feedback on customer service
- Frequently suffers from brief outages during peak periods.
Coinbase Android | Coinbase iOS
Gemini Exchange was founded in 2015 by the Winklevoss twins (they rose to fame in 2004 after they sued Mark Zuckerberg over Facebook, accusing him of stealing their idea of a popular social network platform). Since then the Winklevoss brothers have come a long way and are known as prominent bitcoin investors.
Gemini is a fully regulated cryptocurrency exchange and also one of the few Bitcoin exchanges which are regulated by the New York State Department of Financial Services (NYSDFS).
Furthermore, it is the only US exchange that allows crypto-to-crypto and dollar-to-dollar trading. It also enables users to deposit fiat currency to trade Bitcoin and Ethereum across a range of different orders.
The Gemini App is part of the company’s long list of customer request since its inception. Before 2018, mobile users have relied on Gemini’s mobile website to access buying and selling crypto.
Customers have reportedly found the app to be fast and highly intuitive in its design. They can now easily fund their Gemini trading accounts from the convenience of their mobile phone.
- Two-factor authentication (2FA) using Authy
- Feature – set recurring buy orders.
- Feature – “Buy the Cryptoverse” which lets you buy 5 available crypto instantly.
- It enjoys strong backing and a good reputation
- Simple and user-friendly interface for traders of all levels
- Discounts and paybacks for high-volume traders
- Great customer support
- Requires a ton of information to register to the platform
- Limited selection of funding methods
- Limited selection of coins available to buy
H. Ledger Live
The Ledger Live app is an essential mobile interface for your precious Ledger hardware wallet. The app allows you to securely manage your cryptocurrencies from the convenience of your mobile phone.
Leave your fear of hacks behind!
A hardware wallet is an offline, cold storage secure device, enabling you to protect the private keys that gives access to your funds. Ledger combines hardware and software to give you a certified secure element that remains available everywhere you go.
Connect your Ledger Nano X via Bluetooth to your Ledger Live app and start enjoying seamless crypto management on the go.
Check your balances in real-time:
- Overview of all your cryptocurrency portfolio at a glance
- Automatic balances update
- See the asset distribution in your portfolio
- Full transactions history
- Send and receive Bitcoin (BTC) and other cryptocurrencies
- Intuitive interface to manage your funds in a few taps
- Always validate your transactions with your Hardware Wallet
- Select custom fees
In order to setup your Ledger device with the app:
- Follow the step-by-step on-boarding in Ledger Live
- Install applications on your device, among our catalog of compatible assets
- Create accounts to manage the 25 crypto assets supported by Ledger Live
- Only fully compatible with the Ledger Nano X.
Check out our guide: What Is Ledger Live: How To Install for your Ledger Hardware Wallet
Earn bitcoin while you shop online at over 1,000++ stores.
This is perhaps the easiest way for you to earn up to 30% back in bitcoin on your everyday purchases. Simply check Lolli.com before you shop or book travel, and sign up for an account.
Examples of merchants offering cashback in bitcoin:
|Harry’s||Up to 27% Bitcoin Back|
|Groupon||Up to 10.5% Bitcoin Back|
|Expedia||Up to 5% Bitcoin Back|
|Priceline||Up to 5% Bitcoin Back|
|GoDaddy||Up to 4.5% Bitcoin Back|
|Macy’s||Up to 4.5% Bitcoin Back|
|McAfee||Up to 31.5% Bitcoin Back|
|eharmony.com||Up to 27% Bitcoin Back|
|SmartBuyGlasses||Up to 27% Bitcoin Back|
|Tony Robbins||Up to 13.5% Bitcoin Back|
There are many more: Groupon, Best Buy, Hotels.com, Albertsons, Safeway, Walgreens, Chewy, Sam’s Club, Petco, 1-800-Flowers, Staples, Office Depot & Office Max, Lululemon, Nike, GAP, ASOS, Bloomingdale’s, GameStop, Glossier, Everlane, Microsoft, Booking.com, Priceline, Old Navy, Expedia, Sephora, Adidas, Postmates, Caviar, Harry’s, Bonobos, Saks Fifth Avenue, Sonos, Casper, Purple, Leesa, FinishLine, GoDaddy, Stadium Goods, The Vitamin Shoppe, Topshop, Vrbo, Newegg, Ace Hardware, Moosejaw, Backcountry, Sam Ash, Farfetch, The Container Store, Guitar Center, and many more.
With the new Lolli mobile app, you can now earn free bitcoin by checking out which merchants offers you the best cash back for your money.
BlockFi is an all-in-one platform that offers you a new way to grow your wealth. It is the Best Bitcoin Lending Site offering the highest payout in the market.
With the app, you can now take BlockFi with you everywhere you go.
Here are some of the key features:
- Sign up and hit the ground running in just minutes, earn interest & borrow USD
- There are no fees — Earn up to 8.6% APY
- Start earning the day your deposit hits the account, with compounded interest paid every month.
- Use crypto as collateral and borrow money through the app. (Same-day)
- Their primary custodian is Gemini.
You can learn more about what BlockFi can do for your money.
K. Casa Keymaster
Casa calls themselves the best personal key system on the planet.
These words don’t come cheap.
Plans are billed monthly depending on the level of security you’re after. Premium protection for upwards of $100,000 or more comes at a price of $420 per month.
It is the complete protection against:
- Hacking and Phishing attacks
- Sim Swaps
- Device failure
- Natural disasters
- Accidental loss
- In-person attacks
- Supply chain attacks
- Insider fraud
Casa uses multi-signature security so that it removes any single points of failure.
- That’s why you can secure your funds better than any other wallet.
- Sending any funds from your multi-sig keys requires approving the transaction from multiple hardware devices, significantly increasing security.
- With most wallets, losing a private key means your crypto is lost forever. With Casa, you can you can still recover your funds with the remaining keys in your multi-sig keyset. Just replace your lost device and you’re good to go.
- Casa holds one key for you in case of emergency. It’s only one key, so we can’t move your funds ourselves, but we can help you recover them if you lose a key.
The Casa Keymaster System only supports the following Hardware Wallets: Trezor One, Trezor Model T, Ledger Nano S and the Ledger Nano X.
This is what the next generation of Swiss bank vaults look like.
Now everyone can afford to have one!
The BlueWallet is a Bitcoin wallet that allows you to store, send Bitcoin, receive Bitcoin and buy Bitcoin with focus on security and simplicity.
- You own your private keys.
- You can instantly transact with anyone in the world right from your pocket.
- Create an unlimited number of wallets or import your existing one.
Here’s what you get:
1 – Security by design
- Open Source – MIT licensed, you can build it and run it on your own! Made with React Native.
- Plausible deniability – Password which decrypts fake bitcoin wallets if you are forced to disclose your access
- Full encryption – On top of the iOS multi-layer encryption, they encrypt everything with added passwords
- Full node – Connect to your Bitcoin full node through Electrum
- Cold Storage – Connect to your hardware wallet and keep your coins in Cold storage
2 – Focused on your experience
- Be in control – Private keys never leave your device. You control your private keys
- Flexible fees – Starting from 1 Satoshi. Defined by you, the user
- Replace-By-Fee – (RBF) Speed-up your transactions by increasing the fee (BIP125)
- Watch-only wallets – Allows you to keep an eye on your cold storage without touching the hardware.
- Lightning Network – Lightning wallet with zero-configuration. Unfairly cheap and fast transactions with the best Bitcoin user experience. (This feature is Custodial by default – do not store too much funds in it!)
- Buy Bitcoin – Enter in the open financial revolution with the ability to buy Bitcoin directly in your wallet.
- Local Trader – A P2P Bitcoin Trading platform, that allows you to buy and sell bitcoin directly to other users without 3rd parties.
This is What the Future of Finance looks like.
With this complete set of Bitcoin apps downloaded onto a mobile phone, anyone can now liberate themselves from the clutches of the banking cartel.
See, as Bitcoin establishes itself as a supreme store of value, people will continually abandon their local currencies for sound money.
In time, fiat money will die, and all the worlds’ wealth will be denominated in bitcoin.
Anyone who had the foresight to accumulate even a few Satoshis would find themselves tremendously rich.
What is the purpose of money if not to increase our odds of financial freedom?
Banking today only serves about 3 billion people on the planet.
What about the other 4 billion people?
Bitcoin isn’t a ponzi scheme, it’s a solution to a larger problem.
Households feeling as poor as in the Great Recession.
The wealth gap is only deteriorating.
No incentive to go back to work.
No work to go back to.
Wait until the unemployment insurance program expires. pic.twitter.com/GrY1ziHpVE
— Otavio (Tavi) Costa (@TaviCosta) June 5, 2020
This is how the average Palestinian describes his financial system in the country.
“The banking system is trash over here. You can’t open a bank account unless you already have a job. Also, if you deposit or receive more than $4,000, you get a call from the authorities asking you to explain why. I have a sister over in the U.S. and I want to send her $100 for the holidays but it costs $20 with MoneyGram.”
Today, Bitcoin is a huge “utility” for sending value across artificial borders over the internet. It’s saving Palestinians from being exploited by the system.
Of course, as the cryptocurrency market matures, many new and better apps will enter the foray. After all, it has just been 11 years since Bitcoin was born.
Imagine using the internet in the 1990s. Remember the annoying dial-up tones and the snail mail? (If you’re old enough to remember all that.)
Till then I hope you will explore these apps and open your mind to the possibilities.
I think we’re almost there. Live long and HODL. 🖖
We’ve only just begun…
In the world of Bitcoin, there’s so much more to delve into. That’s why I created The Zodiac Collection, that tells the story of Bitcoin and the cryptocurrency revolution from every angle you can dream up.
There’s a lot of exciting stuff to read — I’ve selected a few of the stories, to start with, below.
To read a curated list of the most important news stories, subscribe for FREE. It will be everything you need to know, in your inbox. No brainer 🙂
Want to Find out More about Bitcoin? Check out our latest mind-bending content here.
Follow my Tweets to learn my latest insights.
I certainly don’t want to overload your brain with the library of Bitcoin resources we have here.
Here are some special picks:
How to Invest in Bitcoin if You Missed the Bull Runs. – An honest look into investing in Bitcoin; if you decided to get into Bitcoin after reading about it in the mainstream…
- Bitcoin Vs. “Other Cryptocurrencies”
- Buy Bitcoin With Paypal Instantly on these sites (Explained Step-by-step)
- How to Get Rich In the Next Market Crash (Without Trading)
- How Satoshi Nakamoto Used the 1950’s Game Theory to Design a $100 Trillion System
- Bitcoin vs. PayPal & Banking – Why One is Dying a Slow Death
- Three of the World’s Best Investors Want You to Own This Currency
- 12 Popular Types of Bitcoin ATM Near Me (In Locations Worldwide)
How long does it take go get approved for withdraw of BTC for CashApp? That’s all that is holding me back from dumping Coinbase completely
The autobuy feature on the CashAoo will absolutely change the game, and create an impenetrable price floor.
I am also considering moving to cashapp thanks to your post. I don’t know coz I still have a mixed feeling on moving things. Do you have a youtube channel that I can follow or interact with? I’ve been using Fx Leaders (free account) which is definitely okay since no money was spent as my second opinion guide. So far they are doing well but I would like to hear from those who already have an experience like you.
You’re welcome Ryan. CashApp now accepts bitcoin deposits for cash card as well as bech32 withdrawal support.
You can interact here with me on https://twitter.com/WinsonNg12
Thank you for your support!